"Skylink Model AD-433S Emergency Dialer - User Review"
8 January 2010
I like it.
The Skylink model AD-433S is a user programmed autodialer with home security system wireless capabilities.
What I like:
- Well designed. Has excellent hardware and programmable features.
- Well constructed. Not cheaply made like some autodialers.
- Easily programmed. Actually has a user manual of more than 2 pages.
- Always "armed" or ready to dial out.
- Dialed telephone numbers are stored in EPROM and not lost if both the 12VDC power adapter and backup 9VDC battery are lost.
- Has screw terminals for a normally closed (NC) dialer trigger. I use these terminals to interface this device to an existing home security system I have.
- Sells for about $100. Not cheap for an autodialer but worth the cost for the quality.
What I do not like:
- Built in speaker for playback of user defined autodialer voice message is total crap. I found playback of my recorded message to be almost unintelligentable. There is a switch to turn this speaker off and that is what I have done.
What I can not comment on:
In my case, I connected this device directly to an existing home security system and did not use any of the wireless devices sold for use with this dialer. Thus I can not comment how well it performs in the wireless security system mode. I did see that the autodialer has a built-in antenna that must extended up out of the dialer's plastic case, which I find cosmetically unpleasing.